Places to Visit/Things to Do
The Buffalo City Hall is one of Buffalo’s most popular landmarks. Built after the first World War, the building features an art deco architectural style. Inside, you’ll see that the ceiling is made of beautiful stained glass and geometric designs. If you want to look out at the city from the building, you can do so from 32 stories featuring over 1,500 windows. You’ll get a great view of downtown Buffalo from the city hall. The best spot to get the best views is the observation deck on the 28th floor. From the deck, you can see the beautiful Lake Erie, the busy metropolis, and the Buffalo River. Free guided tours, which last an hour, are held at noontime Monday through Saturday. The entry into the observation deck is also fee.
Chances are you’ve probably seen a structure or building designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. Wright is one of the most famous architectures in United States history. He designed the building complex in the early 20th century for businessman Darwin D. Martin. It was built in the prairie house architectural style. Now over a century later, the house has been maintained so that guests may view the landmark. The complex contains the “main house, the pergola, the conservatory, the carriage house, and the Wisteria Museum Shop.” A visitor favorite is the tours. Adult tours costs $12.50 for the one-hour tour (if purchased online). Two-hour tours cost $27.50.
You might think it’s weird that a cemetery is on the list for the best things to do in Buffalo, but Forest Lawn truly is one of the most beautiful places in the city. The majority of people come to the cemetery for quiet strolls and picnics in the park-like vibe. Several famous people have been laid to rest at the cemetery, including former U.S. President Millard Fillmore. While you can walk around by yourself, we recommend you take a tour. Tours are typically held on Sundays at different hours throughout June through October. Walk tours, which last two hours, cost $15. Trolley tours, which last 1.5 to 2 hours, cost $10 more for $25. If you choose to walk around without a tour, there is no entry or tour fees. The gate is open from 8 am to 5 pm during the spring and summer. For the fall and winter season, they open at 8 am but close at 4 pm.
Did you get a chance to go to Broadway yet? If not (and even if you have), you should visit the Shea’s Performing Arts Center. It originally opened as a center for silent films in 1926, but now is the host of famous performers, bands, and more. It was added to the National Historic Registry a few decades ago, and it continues to be renovated. Even though it might be old, the inside is still gorgeous with red seats, a beautiful stage, and a unique colored ceiling. If you want to catch a show, you’ll have to stay updated with the center’s schedule. If you don’t get a chance to see a show, you can still visit the theater from 10 am to 5 pm during the weekdays, and from 10 am to 2 pm on Saturday (if there isn’t a performance).
Do you enjoy watching baseball? If you do, visit the Coca-Cola Field, home to the Buffalo Bisons. The Bisons are a Minor League baseball team and also the Triple-A affiliate for the Toronto Blue Jays. They also play in the International League. The Coca-Field is a prime example of a “retro-style stadium.” The characteristics of the stadium differ so much from more modern stadiums. One of them is real grass instead of turf, which fill up most newer stadiums. Another interesting fact about the stadium is the green seats, with this stadium as one of the first on the upcoming trend. Most visitors who watched a game at Coca-Cola Field noted that all the seats were amazing; one even said, “There’s not a bad seat in the house.” For ticket prices and game schedules, stay updated with the team’s website.
Best Way to Tour Buffalo, NY
- The best way to tour the city of Buffalo (as well as many other cities) is by chartered buses and vans. Explore at your own pace within the safety of your private vehicle. Don’t worry about ordering an Uber or Lyft when you have your own exploration vehicle. Through Prompt Bus Charters, you can order the buses you need. Prompt Charters is an amazing, affordable chartered vehicle company that caters to your every need. Whether you need a bus for school trips, marriages, parties, campaigns, or whatever else, Prompt Charters can help you. Prompt Charters offers buses, mini buses, school buses, party buses, and more. Most activities and destinations listed above and below are accessible by chartered buses.
Visit promptbuscharters.com to book your rental bus today!
Best Places to Eat/Shop
- Walden Galleria – Walden Galleria is a popular shopping mall in Buffalo. It features over 220 stores and services, with plenty of great restaurants to eat at. The 10 anchor stores will be more than enough to fulfill your needs.
- Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls USA –The Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls USA is another popular shopping mall located in nearby Niagara Falls area. It features plenty of stores and restaurants, so you can perhaps shop here after viewing the famous Niagara Falls.
- Bacchus Wine Bar & Restaurant –If you’re looking for a great place to eat, visit the Bacchus Wine Bar & Restaurant. It’s one of the most famous formal places to eat in the city. In fact, its rated #1 fine dining restaurant in Buffalo by tripadvisor in 2018.
- Pearl Street Grill & Brewery –The Pearl Street Grill & Brewery is another popular restaurant in Buffalo. The American bar style restaurant is rated the #1 local cuisine restaurant in Buffalo by tripadvisor in 2018.
You won’t get bored in Buffalo!